Talonbooks publishes work of significant literary and/or cultural importance by Canadian authors. We invite submissions of drama, criticism, history, cultural studies, and fiction. BEFORE submitting a manuscript to us for consideration, consult our list of previously published titles to determine if your work is suitable.
- We DO NOT accept submissions by email or fax.
- We do not accept submissions for: self-help books, how-to books, young adult books, children’s books, personal memoirs, cookbooks, or genre work (i.e. mystery/spy; romance; adventure; religion).
- We do not accept unsolicited poetry manuscripts.
- Drama: the play must have had at least one professional production prior to submission.
- Submissions must be in English.
- Please include: SASE, author bio, publishing history, curriculum vitae, synopsis of the submitted work, and 3–5 sample pages (with the exception of drama; if you are submitting a play, please include the full script).
- Due to the volume of submissions, we regret we cannot provide detailed editorial comments on manuscripts.
- Response time is typically six to eight weeks.
Send your submission to:
P.O. Box 2076 Station Terminal
Vancouver, B.C. V6B 3S3