news | Wednesday August 30, 2017
Do you have a keen eye, a sharp red pencil, and a passion for avant-garde Canadian literature? If so, we need you! Come help Talon publish its Fall 2017 books and prepare to publish its Spring 2018 books.
Talonbooks seeks a Copy Editor/Proofreader for a full-time, three-month contract position between September 15 and December 15, 2017 (approximately).
Opportunities to work part-time or in a freelance capacity with Talon may extend beyond contracted dates.
- copy editing, to be determined on a project-by-project basis
- proofreading, to be determined on a project-by-project basis
- working closely with production manager, editor, and designer on all aspects of editing and production of select titles
- assisting in the preparation of marketing materials such as press releases
- attending meetings as necessary, with Talon staff and/or authors
- conducting some research related to fact-checking and permissions
- strong communications and writing skills (English)
- 5+ years previous experience in copy editing and/or proofreading
- time-management skills (ability to juggle tasks and meet tight deadlines)
- strong knowledge of proofreaders’ marks
- strong knowledge of Microsoft Word
- familiarity with Google Drive and Adobe InDesign an asset
- ability to complete self-directed, individual work as well as participate in general workflow and be part of a team
(It also helps if you’re a dog person; we have a few regular pups in the office! They’re friendly and very quiet.)
Location: Vancouver, British Columbia
Start date: September 15, 2017
Interested candidates should submit a cover note and résumé/CV by the end of Sunday, September 10, 2017, care of Chloë Filson, Production Manager: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Download this job posting as a PDF.