Posted: Monday January 25, 2016
James Long and Marcus Youssef perform Winners and Losers
A number of plays, available as books published by Talon, are on stages all across Canada this spring. Here’s the skinny:
- Seeds by Annabel Soutar is currently touring British Columbia, the prairies, and the Atlantic provinces (on stage now through March). See the Porte Parole website for tour dates.
- Tomson Highway’s The (Post) Mistress will run at the Arts Club in Vancouver, British Columbia (February). Tickets available here.
- Winners and Losers, a semi-improvised two-man show by Marcus Youssef and James Long, will run at the Cultch, also in Vancouver (February). Tickets available here.
- Salt Water Moon, a Canadian classic by David French, will be staged at the Factory Theatre in Toronto, Ontario (February–March). Tickets available here.
- A Line in the Sand, co-written by Guillermo Verdecchia and Marcus Youssef, will also be presented at Toronto’s Factory Theatre (March). Tickets available here.
- Chekhov’s The Seagull, translated by David French, will run at the Erindale Theatre at the University of Toronto (March). More information here.
- The original French script of Les Belles-Soeurs by Michel Tremblay will be staged by La Troupe du Jour in Saskatoon, Saskatchewan (March). Tickets available here.
- Joan MacLeod’s The Valley will also be on stage at Vancouver’s Arts Club (April). Tickets available here.
- George F. Walker’s Dead Metaphor will run at Vancouver’s Firehall Arts Centre (April). Tickets available here.