news | Wednesday September 30, 2015
Photo: Oliver Arts Council (Oliver, BC)
Venerable author and noted fun guy George Bowering will travel the nation this fall to read from his new book, Writing the Okanagan – a collection of fiction and non-fiction, written over many years and now collected into one volume, about and set in his home region.
Throughout October 2015, in his 80th year – and with few signs of slowing down – George Bowering will tour libraries, bookstores, and festivals across the country reading from this book as well as three other books he publishes this fall (no kidding!).
Readers residing in the Okanagan region should take special note of his many Okanagan-based stops along the way:
Tour dates in the Okanagan:
- 7 PM on October 1 at Hooked on Books in Penticton, BC [UPDATE: Unfortunately, owing to a fire very close to the bookstore, the Penticton event has been cancelled.]
- 2 PM on October 2 at Bookland in Vernon, BC
- 1 PM on October 3 at Mosaic Books in Kelowna, BC
- 3 PM on October 6 at Oliver Public Library in Oliver, BC
- 3 PM on October 7 at Peachland Public Library in Peachland, BC
Readers elsewhere in the country can look forward to appearances in other provinces as well, and in George’s current city, Vancouver.
Other events in Ottawa, Winnipeg, and Vancouver:
- 6 PM on October 20 at Granville Island in Vancouver, BC (interview by Colin Browne at the Vancouver Writers’ Festival)
- 12 noon on October 26 at Christ Church Cathedral on Sparks Street in Ottawa, ON (Ottawa Writers’ Festival)
- 7 PM on October 28 at McNally Robinson in Winnipeg, MB
- (Time TBA) on October 29 at the University of Manitoba Archives in Winnipeg, MB
- Evening of November 7 at Western Front in Vancouver, BC (joint birthday celebration for George Bowering and Glen Lewis)