news | Friday January 30, 2015
Congratulations to playwright and composer Tomson Highway, who has been nominated for a Juno! Highway, who independently produced the soundtrack to his musical play, The (Post) Mistress (Talon, 2013), is nominated for a 2015 Juno Award in the category of Aboriginal Album of the Year. The nominees include:
- “The Whole World’s Got the Blues” by Crystal Shawanda (New Sun*Fontana North)
- “For The Light” by Digging Roots (Sugar Bush*Outside)
- “Heart of the People” by Leela Gilday (Diva Sound*Outside)
- “Animism” by Tanya Tagaq (Six Shooter*Universal)
- “The (Post) Mistress” by Tomson Highway (Independent)
See all the 2015 nominees here, visit Highway’s website, and find “Patricia Cano Sings Songs from The (Post) Mistress, a one-woman play” on iTunes.